YSL Nude Beige Lipstick Review

Thursday, November 21, 2013


Shall we take a minute to address how stunning this lipstick is? I've been wanting to buy a Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick for years, but the heavy $39.00 price tag always stopped me. While I was in NYC for my birthday weekend early November I still had American money on my last day there, and I figured it is sightly cheaper and how often am I in New York City? So I took the plunge and walked straight to the cashier handing over my cash before I could change my mind.

Two weeks later, I am not regretting my decision at all. I've worn it just about everyday since I purchased it and I've even gotten compliments on it while at school - and that's saying something! This has got to be the most glamorous packaging a luxury brand could ever do with the gold tube and the beautiful YSL engraving with a matching colour to the lipstick shade.

Although this shade is called "Nude Beige" it is not beige at all! It is a beautiful pale pink that works so well on so many skin tones. Nude Beige is a perfect nude pale pink for my lips that does not look "dead" at all, don't be frightened by the "beige" in the title. This would definitely be a beautiful wedding day lipstick!

This lipstick is so creamy and moisturizing, it glides on so smoothly and you do not need a lip balm underneath. It is super pigmented and also has a lovely glossy finish, I don't feel the need to wear a gloss over top. While having a creamy and moisturizing lipstick feels amazing, the wear time does get cut down. I'd say with this lipstick you wouldn't want to be eating or drinking because it could quickly come off. If you're going to work, school, or a date I would say that this lipstick could last you around the two hour mark. But hey, that just means you get to pull out the stunning gold tube and re-apply in public!

I truly love this lipstick and I definitely do want to buy more!






Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE